Benefits of Content Marketing
Every time you or anyone else accesses the Internet, they are bombarded by content. From headlines to full-length article copy, content is universally available.
It’s also essential to Internet marketing.
The trick is to differentiate your content from all the other content in the world. And that’s where content marketing comes in handy.
A thorough, pragmatic content marketing strategy ensures that all the content you place on the Internet is:
- Compelling. Readers have a lot of choices, so you have to quickly be able to capture their attention.
- Relevant. If someone goes to a page about running shoes reviews, that’s exactly what they want to see. If you don’t supply relevant information based on your page’s title, you’ll lose lots of potential customers.
- Well-written. Poorly-written content isn’t helpful to readers, and it won’t help you get more customers either.
- Conversational. A conversational tone makes your readers feel like they’re talking right to you, and it also engages them more than unnatural text. Write like you’re talking.
- Educational. If people want information, they want to find what they want as quickly as possible.
These aren’t the only characteristics of great content, but they are some essential elements.
Now, let’s talk about how you can market the content you create.
Some of our client Successes
+95% case study ▸ IncreasedConversionRate by
+37% case study ▸ IncreasedLeadsGenerated by
+60% “We measure our success by how much we WOW our clients.”
Bill Craig WebFX President
How to market your content
When you’re putting effort into producing excellent content, you want to make sure that the content is accessible.
That’s where content marketing comes into play. You can market content through different avenues, including:
- Your website. If you have a blog, or if you have space to add articles to your site, you can upload practically any content you want to attract visitors to your site.
- Your social media channels. Take the URL to your content and share it with your followers on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social networks.
- Press releases. You can opt for free press release services or paid press release services. You can also send media releases to local, national, or regional papers or online publishers for potential reprint.
Once you begin to distribute your content through marketing platforms, you can expect to glean the benefits of spreading the word.
Advantages of marketing your content
There are plenty of advantages and benefits to having a content marketing strategy for your business.
Some of the best are below, and they’re just the beginning!
- You establish yourself as an expert. People trust experts when they need answers.
- You increase brand awareness. No one will buy from your organization if they don’t know you exist, so people need to know who you are.
- You develop a stronger brand identity and presence. Your brand is the personality of your company, so it’s essential that you develop and maintain it.
- You get a social media following. As readers see that you produce content regularly, they can regularly come to your site. Consistently create content for your site, and you can enjoy more visitors (and customers) than ever before.
- More websites will link to yours. Google and other search engines love to see links to your site from other sites online. If one of your graphics or videos goes viral, you can get lots of links pointing to your site from others who want to show their readers the same content. This tells Google that you’re a source of quality content, and it’ll rank you better in search results.
- You get referrals. If one of your customers enjoys your content, they’ll probably share it on social media and direct some of their followers to your site. This is a referral, and it’s a great way to get new customers who haven’t heard of your brand before.
- You generate new lead sources. Every time you add content to the web, you open the doors for leads to come to you. Don’t forget that you can add a direct call to action to readers to get in touch if they have questions or are interested in learning more about your firm!
- You can educate your readers. Is your industry misunderstood or riddled with common myths? Educate the public, and your sales team will appreciate it. They can even use the content you publish online to inform their prospects and clients of what’s really happening in your field.
You control so much of what is being said about you online when you market content. What are you waiting for? Start writing now! If you need help with your content marketing, you can always call a reputable web marketing firm for counsel.
WebpageFX is a content marketing agency
At WebpageFX, we have a full team of content marketers who have spent their whole careers writing, editing, and revising their work. We know the best ways to turn visitors on your site into paying customers, and we’ve done it for dozens of our clients already. Now, we’ll get those same results for you!
Contact us today to lay out a content marketing strategy that’ll help your company grow!
Ready to start your Internet marketing and design campaigns? Call 888.449.3239 or contact us online today to learn more about how WebpageFX can help with your SEO challenges.