Email marketing is one of the best ways to market your business online.
Whether you’re a retail store, a heavy equipment company, or a healthcare center, email marketing allows you to stay connected with your customers.
Not convinced? These 26 statistics show the value of email marketing, and why it should be a part of your online marketing strategy.
For the skeptics
We all know a business owner who is skeptical of the success email marketing can bring. Here are some stats that prove that email marketing is alive and well.
- 25.1% of Black Friday sales originated from emails.
- 89% of marketers say that their main channel for lead generation is email.
- 58% of adults check their email first thing in the morning.
- You can increase click rates by 300% if you add video to an email.
- 61% of shoppers and consumers enjoy getting weekly promotional emails, and 28% wish they received them more frequently.
- The ROI of email marketing is 3800%.
For the marketers
Here are some email marketing statistics that will make marketers excited to continue their use of email, or start their campaign right away.
- 20% of marketers say that their email operations are directly linked to their company’s primary revenue.
- 66% of marketing emails are newsletters, 54% are promotional content, and 42% are welcome series emails.
- When marketers use personalized subject lines, they see 26% more opens.
- Email is the top source of analytics data for marketers.
- 82% of B2B and B2C companies use email marketing.
All about mobile
We’ve also found some of the most interesting statistics about email marketing in relation to mobile devices.
- 2/3 of emails are read on smartphones or tablets.
- 75% of Gmail users access their accounts via smartphone.
- 41% of emails are opened on an iPhone.
- 23% of people admit that when they open an email on their mobile device, they open it again later.
All about personalization
Is personalizing emails to fit the customer really beneficial? Here are some statics to prove that the answer is “yes.”
- Click-through rates increase about 14% when you send personalized emails.
- 94% of businesses believe that email personalization is imperative to current and future success.
- Transaction rates are 6 times higher when the message is personalized.
General email marketing statistics
Here are some interesting tidbits relating to email marketing in general.
- When you include a call to action button in your emails as opposed to a text link, conversion rates can increase up to 28%.
- 72% of people prefer to receive promotional offers through email.
- On average, employees spend 13 hours per week in their inbox.
- Users that are subscribed to marketing emails usually spend anywhere from 10-60 minutes per week looking at promotional emails.
- 68% of Americans decide whether or not to open an email based on who it’s from.
- When email list segmentation is done correctly, you can double email open rates.
- It’s 40 times more likely for email to acquire more customers rather than Facebook or Twitter.
- Emails create 50% more sales than other methods of lead generation.
What statistics are most interesting to you?
The list above covers several different areas we find particularly interesting, but are there any stats we left out that are the reason you adopted email marketing?
Share in the comments below!